Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oh... I see where you are coming from....

You ask your self where this guy coming from! Well look no further than these men. So many of these men I owe my thanks for my growth and shaping of my theology. There by influencing my personality, world view, morals, my soul, my prayers, my convictions, my ministry, my love, my passions, my hills I die on, and my hills I run over. To them I owe many thanks some more than others. Some very practical, others extremely theological (all though I submit you can not have one with out the other), but all receive great gratitude, from me, to these men. Some dead, some almost dead some, I’ll never meet. Some I see every week. Every one of them I love. Every one of them I thank God for. I wish I could say that I was just like many of these men; they are marks and goals along the way of my sanctification and men to follow in their foot steps. As I try to know Christ as they knew/know Christ. And to do what Paul said so many times and that is “imitate me, as I follow Christ�

Who are my influences?
Dr. Steven J. Lawson (my pastor)
Chris Barksdale (my pastor over the youth ministry that I work with)
Jeff Forester (my best friend and my mentor)
Mr. Mike Stanton(a dear brother who leads with me and over me in the middle school at church)
Tom Gibson (an elder at my church)
My entire Church (to many to name off)
Dr. John Piper
Dr. John MacArthur
Dan DaHaan
Jerry Bridges
Wane Grudem
Joshua Harris
C.J. Mahaney
Martin Luther
Jonathan Edwards
John Bunyan
John Foxx
John Calvin
R.C. Sproul
C. S. Lewis
Rick Holland
Phillip Johnson
My Father (Roy Munger)
My Mother(Cynthia Munger)
Church history

I have had many people influence me and they had influences or I have read quips of these men or had them quoted to me. I really look forward to knowing more of these guys though out my life time.
Who would I like to influence me more??
C.H. Surgeon
Cotton Mather
B.B. Warfield
J.C. Ryle
John Gill
The martyrs of the ages
A.W. Tozer
Elisabeth Elliot
John Knox
George Whitefield
Richard Baxter
A.W. Pink
Martin Lloyd-Jones
J. Vernon McGee
J. Gresham Machen
John Owen
J. Adams
Augustine
Charles Finny (just kidding)

3 comments:

Rose~ said...

I hope you will be influenced more by J. Vernon McGee also. He would be very good for you.
If you click to my blog I have his minstry in my sidebar. There are some really good resources there.
Take care.

Screaming Pirate said...

I love lissening to him. he comes on the radio and when i catch him i absolutly love the simpleness of his messages but they are so filled with truth and practicality. but yes

Jonathan Moorhead said...

I look forward to hearing Lawson next week.