Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hymn of the Week: Hard to Believe



Ok, so I have not posted in a while, but school has been way busier than I thought it would be right now. But I am still loving the hymns so i thought i would take one of my small portion of times to give ya one. I have a small one also on the books I am reading though right now but i still need to hyperlink them. Ok, now to the hymn. I love this one. It speaks about the courage need to be a Christian. In todays cultural Christian society. Its good to be remined that there is a cost to follow him. Mathew 6:24 says, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me." This is imposible for the non-believer and hard for the believer. As my pastor always says: "Nothing could be so free as the Gospel, but it will costs you everything." Let it drive you to your knees in prayer. The thing I really enjoy about this one though is the Last verse. It proves the price we pay to believe will not be in vain. Glory to God. May we remember this. May we cherish this truth. Now enjoy. I know I did.

Am I a Soldier of the Cross

Am I a soldier of the cross,
A follower of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own His cause,
Or blush to speak His Name?

Must I be carried to the skies
On flowery beds of ease,
While others fought to win the prize,
And sailed through bloody seas?

Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace,
To help me on to God?

Sure I must fight if I would reign;
Increase my courage, Lord.
I?ll bear the toil, endure the pain,
Supported by Thy Word.

Thy saints in all this glorious war
Shall conquer, though they die;
They see the triumph from afar,
By faith?s discerning eye

When that illustrious day shall rise,
And all Thy armies shine
In robes of victory through skies,
The glory shall be Thine.

by Issac Watts


4 comments:

Reapergirl said...

OH! I love this song too! CFBC first place I've song this one

Anonymous said...

i've never heard this one before.. pretty much awesome

Anonymous said...

a nice hymn indeed, but your soldier looks like he got the visible shadow of death virus, hmm so I guess he is progressive. no matter what, Lord bless you all

Anonymous said...

and perhaps a knight from crusades is not the best picture of that, how about Paul or a bed ridden Calvin working on his commentaries!