Friday, November 10, 2006

God and Politics #1: Good and Moral God, Good and Moral Alan

This is the first of four bite sized post on God and Politics. Look for them to come out in fairly rapid succession. ( I know its weird I am blogging again)

I guess no one wants to interact here so I'll just stick with my ideas. (They are obviously far superior to yours). So lets just get down to the nitty griddy. Eh? This quote got me to a thinking?

We're willing to call Hugh Hewitt and Michelle Malkin and Scrappleface "GodBloggers", but on the flip side those kinds of "GodBloggers" are completely unwilling to link to (for example) aomin.org or TeamPyro. Their reasons are, well, their own, but the bottom line is that they want to be affiliated with the political idea of God and not the actual person of God because frankly, somebody might get hurt.

Just as an aside, I am not terribly familiar with the guys that Centuri0n, here was mentioning, I don't wish to question these guys salvation. I don't even read their stuff. But what I am familiar with is what he is trying to say about God being a political concept. The God of politics ( i.e. The Republican Party), is a pretty good guy. He is very black and white, so is the God of the Bible. He is against homo-sexual marriage, so is the God of the Bible. I could probably think of more, but I'll spare you the long repetitive prose of it. The point is these guys are right about some things that God is for.

I personally, have fallen into the idea of God being strictly a political idea. The idea that I was moral because of the party I voted for (or did not vote for) and my politics were my righteousness. Politics (and the God of politics) was my end all be all. Instead of God being the end all be all, my view of God was just one more thing to tack on to my idea of my own righteousness. This is one of the "good" things I held on to when I was lost. So I let my politics define my God instead of my Bible.

Next post we will look at the problem with this view God is.

No comments: