Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A City,A Search, A Struggle

I love the city. I sit here in my last night in Hollywood, disappointed. Not in the city. If any thing it’s the fact that I can’t move in tomorrow to the city. It was every thing I had hoped it would be and more. Is the city of Hollywood perfect? By no means. Matter of fact I can think of no where else that needs Jesus more. Its stark honesty in how lost it is, is refreshing. It is the perfect soil for a new church. Part of the reason why I love it, is its diversity, density and design. It is a phoenix-like city that is starting to rise from the ashes of dirtiness and poverty and is starting to become a thriving city center. It even has its own feel and look that is starting to emerge. I have been at the home of gracious Chris and Sara (The pastor and his wife of the church plant here) who has been more than welcoming to me, showing me around the city and introducing me to people.

In so far as the job search goes. It seems to of been an empty trail this time out. One real interview and a lot of dead end streets, which for me is a great trial of faith, and contentment in where God has me. I just need more time. Something I don’t have much of. So my first request as you pray for me that I become content with where I am, and then to find direction on where to go from here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. There is so much more I could write and I wish I had written over my trip. To those that prayed for me and helped me in trying to find a job thank you sincerely your prayers are very precious to me.


God bless, Alan

No comments: